Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ciao from Firenze


I made it to Florence in one piece. Unfortunately my cell phone is not working so sorry about not calling/texting. I'm at an Internet cafe... I guess that's what you would call it... I haven’t yet checked out the business center at the hotel, but by the looks of everything else it probably is very expensive. So probably will be checking in less often then I hoped.

Anyway, the city is beautiful. Mr. Purpuro gave me a quick tour, pointing out all the places I will be taking our guests. He also treated me to some gelato. Mmmmmmm. My hotel is amazing. I didn't think I was going to get a view of the Arno River but I did. I'll take lots of pictures.

I have a few errands to run, but after that I'm free to explore the city for the rest of the afternoon/evening. It's now 4:30pm Florence Time and the markets are still open and the trattorias are preparing for dinner. I might try going to a cafe for dinner tonight... if I get the courage to go it alone-- if not maybe a quick bite at a self-service bar.

No comments: